Issues I've worked with
What matters to you, matters to me.
People seek help for a wide range of difficulties:
- Anger Issues
- Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD) or Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Multiple or complex difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual and gender issues
- Loss and bereavement
- Separation and divorce
- Trauma, in childhood or later life including relational trauma
- Neglect and abuse: emotional, sexual, physical
- Infertility, fostering and adoption
- Work related problems, including redundancy
- Academic anxiety
- Low self esteem or lack of confidence
- Social isolation
- Significant changes in life circumstances
- Feeling stuck, hopeless or despairing
- Feeling life has no meaning or purpose
- Self development
You certainly don’t need any diagnosis to see me, in fact, diagnoses seldom capture the essence of an individual’s problems. Working together, we might hope to develop a formulation or understanding of your difficulties that leads to your feeling better able to manage them.
Family consultation or meetings with family, partners and friends can sometimes be helpful to think together about how best to support someone.